Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Remembering Western Travels

Today is a cold, dreary, incredibly rainy day, and honestly, I have yet to get out of my lounge pants and wander outside for my commute (which I need to do in about an hour and a half.) Until then, which I intend to postpone until the last second, I'm kind of puttering around the house, and being hungry (as I usually am) I found myself in the kitchen, looking through the pantry.


Days like this, I often remember former travels. Today's memory was spending a week out in Montana last year on the Marlboro Ranch with my father. Aside from having a great time, the weather was magnificent (unlike Pittsburgh at the moment.) But I digress.


Having settled down to obtain a light afternoon snack, I was surprised in a very pleasant way to find a crock of Hunter's Reserve spread (Elk and Roasted Garlic Cheddar) and a few of the summer sausage sticks remaining from Lancaster. All in all, they pair up pretty well together. While the spread isn't as elk-like as I would have liked, it paired well to add some extra meatiness to the summer sausage. Not bad for a snack.


The only other thing of note is going to be the celebration of Holi on the 20th. this Sunday. I'm looking forward to celebrating with a few friends over on Flagstaff Hill, over in Oakland. It's going to be fun.

Until next time,

Andrew

No comments:

Post a Comment