Wednesday, October 5, 2011

The King is Dead



As I write this, it has just been announced that Steve Jobs is now deceased. An innovator beyond his time, he was one of the geniuses that propelled the Information age to the point where it is now.


Without Steve Jobs, there would be no Apple, which means no Macs, no Ipod, no Iphone, and no Ipad. Tablet PCs and Smartphones might not exist (it is likely they would, but since competition fuels research, they would likely be way behind where they are now.


So, this is to you, Steve Jobs, as without your work, I truly doubt I would be doing what I do now. By propelling us along the technology path, you made it cool to be a geek. For that, as I am now more or less a professional geek, I have to thank you. You made it cool to know stuff and build things. So, Mr. Jobs, good luck on your next adventure.


Steve Jobs

1955-2011

No comments:

Post a Comment