Saturday, October 15, 2011

Occupy Pittsburgh

(Photo by Larissa Dudkiewicz)




I suppose I might as well explain exactly what the Occupy movement means to me. The movement, at the moment, seems to lack a direction, but there are a few high points which drew me in, and those are the opposition to banks and big business, and the opposition to job creation. I decided to do my best, and I joined the moment, at the front of the march. I did so, and I hope that this movement has an effect. This type of action is where democracy truly begins, at the very roots of the people.

Personally, I do not have much hope the movement will actually change anything. Yes, the 99% does exist, but it is such an amalgum of special interest groups, I do not think they will be able to form a cohesive platform. I think this is largely more about issuing a wake-up call to politicians, to let them know th general populace is not pleased with the way things are being done, and will not hesitate to use that power on the next election day to bring into office the people we think will help us achieve the goals that we seek.




Until Next Time,


Andrew

No comments:

Post a Comment