Tuesday, February 11, 2014

...And Today.

Well, I suppose the best part to start would be to say that today...happened. This is hopefully not new information to anyone familiar with the passage of this strange concept called "time." It was both my girlfriend's birthday, and a day that my father had the first of his cancer appointments.
The birthday went alright, although I wish there was more I could have done. Fortunately, I managed to source exactly what she wanted, and I had plenty of wine for tonight. In that case, I definitely had success.
As for my father, I am not sure what to make of it. I want to be around him and make as many memories as possible, but sometimes being around him is difficult. Today started out fine, by by the time he was back in the chair in the afternoon, he needed his oxygen run to him.  I understand that there are up and down days, I just wish that I wasn't constantly saying the wrong thing. The most frustrating part is that it is still "wrong" even when I just agree with whatever he says, personal convictions aside. I just want something to be right for him, and it seems like the more I try, the more I fail to make it right. I have honestly run out of ideas. As for my daily accomplishments, I knitted a little more material onto another hat, started prepping containers to start seeds, and did most of the sewing on a possibles bag. (It's a backwoods term, I know, and the only reason that I didn't finish is because you can only force a needle through six layers of denim for so long before your hand cramps up.) Hopefully tomorrow will be more productive.

No comments:

Post a Comment