Friday, February 21, 2014

Productivity/ Obsession.

I am starting to get the feeling that I am obsessing about productivity. The very fact I think this is the case means that most likely that IS the case. In short, it's an obsessive version of Descarte's theory: I think I am obsessing, therefore I am.

Well, that opening paragraph is a tautological nightmare. The point is, I am slowly coming to the conclusion that I have shot right past the balance point between relaxation and work. Work is good, but having it on your plate 24 hours a day, loosing sleep over if you are working enough can't be good for you.

Additional random thought: Through empirical observation, I have noticed that a majority of the population no longer works with their hands in...well, any capacity. I have come to this conclusion based on the number of people who have come up to me and asked me what I am working on when I have anything that I am tinkering with in my hands. It is actually rather sad to think about, as how many skills will die out when there is no one left to practice them? Side note: I completed two hats today.


After spending the whole day at the hospital, I went to do a quick job promoting an upcoming film Kids for Cash. It looks rather promising, but considering the premiere is tomorrow, I doubt I will catch it.

In the end, I feel today was productive without being blatantly so. I was there for my family, which is one of the most important things I can do right now, I made some money (which will go a long way towards covering groceries this week), and I still was able to make something (or strictly speaking, two somethings, but why nitpick?) All in all? A decently productive day.

No comments:

Post a Comment