Friday, February 14, 2014

Valentine's Day 2014

I'll be honest, some days writing everything down is a lot more effort than it seems to be worth it. Today was a fairly productive day though, as I completely finished my tool bag that I have been fiddling with, made from an old pair of jeans. I like that material because I try to be as sustainable as possible...and sometimes in times like this, I succeed. My right fingers are bruised because sewing denim is actually quite difficult, especially through six layers.

The biggest success with today though was a scavenger hunt for my girlfriend. Using a full pack of the grade-school valentines, I wrote out clues on each one, leading to the next. (As one is expected with a treasure hunt) and that finally led, after sending her through the house several times, back to the beginning. There she had chocolate and one of her favorite Disney characters waiting for her. Valentine's Day: Accomplished.

No comments:

Post a Comment