Thursday, June 5, 2014

League Post: Shelf Identity


Having made the decision to travel the dark corners of the Internet, Pop Culture, and General Geekery in a loose knit group (As it is dangerous to go alone...) I have joined the League of Extraordinary Bloggers as their Mad Scientist du Jour. 

This week's assignment was to blog about what is on your shelves, and what it says about you. Frequent readers of the blog (all three of you) know what is going on in my life, so let's just say a lot of what is below the shelves is rather messy. However, due to the magic of careful cropping, here are two of the shelves in the Man Cave. 


First up is the top shelf of the book shelves, of which there are three, all filled with books and scripts. This particular shelf has scripts, a few reference books on theatre, and some additional volumes on prop making. Above it is one of the larger LEGO sets that I own, the Pirate ship from Return of the King (The Lord of the Rings trilogy.) I also have a small collection of Eastern Buddhas and other deities. Finally, my small but hopefully growing collection of Minions. For some reason, I am very attached to the Minions from the Despicable Me movies, and consider them the high points of a pair of excellent films. I am actively looking to build a small army of them, but have only been able to obtain these few Minions so far.


On the next wall, we have my (very) small replica prop collection up on display. In the back is a copy of one of the Sankara Stones from Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom, which is still one of my favorite films to watch. In front of it is a stack of S.H.I.E.L.D. ID's created for the entire team of Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Within the display case is a small LEGO diorama of a chef and butcher in his shop. I constructed this to feature the minifigure of the chef, which I was able to get signed by food celebrity Alton Brown. The extendable fork up on the case matches one that he used repeatedly on his television show Good Eats. Directly in front of that is a copy of the Dagger from Clue, and obviously there is Rex from Toy Story. Rex is wearing my production lanyard from when I worked on Magnus Rex, which was the working title used on the film The Dark Knight Rises. 

Of course, I should also mention a few other members of the League, and these include:











4 comments:

  1. I love the LEGO ship! I have been hunting down a nice ship for my shelf. What set is that one from?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, now I want to know about your experience working on the Dark Knight Rises!

    ReplyDelete