Sunday, June 8, 2014

Marvel-ous Acquisition.

Today was the benefit for my father, which I think went well. I am not privy to the financial details, but looking over the remaining stocks on both the tables and on the food, I am assuming it was a success. What caught my eye was that one of the vendors there did custom dog tags, so I ran back to the house to pull up some information, and by working on it together, we came up with these:


A set of dog tags for Steve Rogers, better know to most people as Captain America. In particular, the marking were pulled off of the website of the auction house that sold the original screen used prop from Captain America: The First Avenger. Also, it is king of great that you can pull up so much esoteric information on the internet, where a whole community can develop and have a dialogue on the numbers etched on a prop in a film which is seen for about 10 seconds in an 85 minute film. I am extremely pleased with the result, and they are already hanging up on my prop shelf, next to my S.H.I.E.L.D. Id's.

No comments:

Post a Comment