Thursday, June 5, 2014

Thrift Shop Finds for June (pt. 2)

While at the thrift shop yesterday (Pittsburgh is kind of blessed with a huge variety of thrift shops) I found another excellent grab bag. This one focused on different medieval and medieval-like...well things. In truth, I bought this bag almost blind. I was pleasantly surprised when I opened up the bag and found this:


A huge range of Papo figures. I remember looking over these figures constantly at various high-end and hobby shops, and debating with myself over and over again about picking some of them up. The other thought I often had was that I was in no way ever  going to do that, as I thought they were much too expensive. My current debate is now actually focusing on what kind of display I want to make for the barded horses.Another interesting piece in the collection is the battering ram, I was fascinated by that for a while. Another nice find in that bag were these figures:


A Cerberus and a Fire-Breathing Dragon. Both of these are definitely going up on display, I just need to figure out where. A few of the other pieces in the bag included these items here:


The cage is a very nicely constructed wooden toy, and actually came off of a wagon that was broken in the bottom of the bag. I am not sure exactly what I am going to do with it, but I imagine it could be used very easily to display something. There are also two LEGO figures there, a DUPLO horse with barding, and a Mutt Williams minifigure from Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull. Finally, I recognized that final figure as soon as I opened the package, Lando Calrissian in the Palace Guard disguise. I think I actually had that figure when I was younger. All in all? Not bad for a single bag.

1 comment:

  1. Wow! Those Papo toys are a real score!!! What an excellent find!

    ReplyDelete